5 Tips to Help you Find the Motivation For Exercising When Trying to Conceive
We all know that we should be increasing our exercise! Here are some quick and easy tips that I give my patients to help them get more active!
1. When building a habit, it's best to start small! I recommend that my patients who are finding it hard to find any motivation to exercise at all, start by doing just 10 minutes a day. Once you have got into the habit of exercising then you will find that you actually enjoy it and will want to do more.
2. Do exercise as early as you can in the day. By getting exercise done as early as possible in the day, you can feel pleased with yourself that you have got it done, rather than having that nagging feeling that you must do it all day.
3. Combine exercise and nature. Walking 1 mile takes just 20 minutes. I really like the Strava app for tracking how far you have walked. So start walking from your house for 10 minutes and then walking back. Before long you will crave the fresh air and want to walk a bit further.
4. Find an exercise that you enjoy. There are lots of 10-minute workouts on youtube, for any exercise that you most enjoy whether that is HIIT, yoga, pilates, cardio. Find the one you enjoy and stick with that.
5. Stay at just 10 minutes a day for the first two weeks, even if you want to do more. By limiting the time you exercise, even though you want to do more, it leaves you feeling positive about the whole experience, meaning that you look forward to it the next day!
What are you finding the hardest thing about getting motivated to exercise?
Natasha Burns is a Fertility Homeopath from Cornwall, UK. She helps couples from around the world have healthy babies, naturally.
Follow Natasha on Facebook here
Follow Natasha on Instagram here
Download Your Free Report ‘The 10 Ways I Help Women Conceive Without Drugs, Surgery or Hormones” here
Join Natasha’s Facebook group ‘Natural Fertility’ here
Subscribe to Natasha’s Mailing List here